Here are some basic resources:
- Build you own website with Joomla: www.joomla.org
- Host an educational blog with Edublogs: http://edublogs.org
- Or use the popular WordPress to start a classroom blog: http://wordpress.org
- Create podcasts with your students and post them on your blog through the Education Podcast Network: http://epnweb.org
- Of course, you will need some tunes: www.itunes.com
- For the literary bent, visit Goodreads where users share book lists and faves lists: www.goodreads.com
- Bookmark your favorite digital site using Delicious: www.delicious.com, this is a social bookmarking site where you can organize and share web pages; discover what others are using around topics of interest....all of these tools allow students and teachers to collaborate between classrooms and across the world.
- For all the latest in what's happening in the world of digital media, be sure to follow Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators: http://school.discoveryeducation.com/schrockguide/sci-tech/scicom.html
Find more of these resources in the book: Connecting Students to STEM Careers
Order information can be obtained by clicking on the cover of the book in the upper right hand corner of the page.